Pogona or Bearded Dragons
bearded dragons are small reptiles surounded with fleshy spikes. they are native to Australia. They live in the arid, rocky, semi-desert regions and dry open woodlands.
these animals love basking in the hot sun. when it gets too hot [110 degrees F] they like to burrow in the ground to keep a cool.
a unique thing about bearded dragons is that they are omnivorous and diurnal. meaning they eat both meat [meal worms and crickets etc] and eat veggies.
bearded dragons are VERY popular in the pet trade as well. they are very good with children because of their calm and friendly nature. they are bred in various colors now [though color will run you more $] but they are a very good beginner lizard if you’re not into anoles or geckos. they are susceptible to some health issues if they are not given proper vitamins [much like iguanas] but not nearly as finicky. they can live for 10+ years in captivity!
- thebeardeddragonblog reblogged this from allaboutreptiles
- thebeardeddragonblog likes this
- i-love-cake-and-fun likes this
- beardeddragonsource reblogged this from allaboutreptiles and added:
- xdannyx reblogged this from zolanimals
- bumblingb reblogged this from zolanimals
- bumblingb likes this
- thegreatwidesomewhere likes this
- zolanimals reblogged this from allaboutreptiles
- zolanimals likes this
- ilovebeautifullgirl likes this
- allaboutreptiles posted this